| GRADUATE STUDENTS of Prof. Jacob Bear
in the Dept. of Civil Engineering, Technion.
Completed their studies for Doctor of Science degree:
- Dagan, G. (1965) The Movement of the Interface between Two Liquids in a Porous Medium with Application to a Coastal Collector.
- Levin, O. (1966) Optimal Utilization of Aquifers as an Element of a Water Resources System.
- Bachmat, Y (1966) Hydrodynamic Dispersion in Non-Uniform Flow through Porous Media Taking into Account Density and Viscosity Differences.
- Braester, C. (1970) On the Flow of Immiscible Fluids in a Fractured Rock with Special Reference to Reservoir Engineering Problems.
- Hefetz, E-A. (1972) The Use of Hybrid and Digital Computers for Solving Ground Water Problems (co-advisor: U. Shamir).
- Barak, A. (1975) Momentum Transfer Phenomena in Flow at High Reynolds Numbers of a Newtonian Liquid through Anisotropic Porous Media.
- Partom, I. (1978) On the Movement of Salts in the Unsaturated Zone from the Ground Surface to the Ground Water Table.
- Berkowitz, B. (1985) On Continuum and Discrete Models for Contamination Transport in fractured Porous Rock.
- Bensabat, J. (1986) Heat and Mass Transport in the Unsaturated Zone, with Application to Compressed Air Energy Storage.
- Vadas, P. (1988) Natural Convection in Porous Media (co-advisor: C. Braester).
- Gilman, A. (1995) The influence of dissolved salts on heat transport in the unsaturated zone.
- Sun, Y. (1995) Optimization of the Pump-and Treat technology for the remediation of Contaminated aquifers.
- Wang, F. (1996) Modeling Nitrogen transport and transformation in soils, subject to environmentally friendly fertilization practices.
- Zhou , Q.(1999) Modeling sea-water intrusion in coastal aquifers (co-advisor: J. Bensabat).
- Matmon, D. (1999) Penetration of Hydrocarbons into Clays (co-advisor; S. Friedman).
- Krasovitsky, L. (2001) Use of surfactants in subsurface remediation (co-advisor: A. Marmur).
- Kremen, A. (2004) Forecasting the Nitrogen transport and transformation processes in soils irrigated by reclaimed sewage (co-advisor A. Shaviv).
Completed their studies for M.Sc. degree:
- Zeichner, D. (1964) Drainage by Means of Interceptor Lines in Phreatic Aquifers.
- Mercado, A. (1966) Mixing of Tracer Labelled Water by Injectingand Pumping in the Same Well.
- Breaster, C. (1966) On the Possibility of Oil and Gas Entrapment in the Northern Negev Region.
- Lachmi, H. (1966) Estimating the Volume of Flood Waves from Information on Rainfall Series and Corresponding Floods for a Shorter Period.
- Gabison, R. (1969) The Use of a Three-Dimensional Electric Analog for Investigations of the Flow Regimes in Inhomogeneous Anisotropic Aquifers as a Result of Pumping and Artificial Recharge Schemes.
- Goldchlager, E.(1970) On the Movement of the Interface in a Coastal Aquifer as a Result of Changes in the Exploitation Scheme.
- Mualem, Y. (1970) The Form of the Interface in Steady Flow in a Stratified Medium.
- Caspi, I. (1975) Linear Programming as a Method for Parameter Identification of an Aquifer Model.
- Kapuler, I. (1975) Numerical Solution for the Movement of an Interface in a Coastal Multilayered Aquifer.
- Weiman (1976) Experiments on Hydrodynamic Dispersion in Porous Media (co-advisor: B. Zur).
- Bachu, S. (1977) The Effect of Temperature of Injected Water onthe Stability of Flow in an Aquifer(co-advisor: G. Dagan)
- Amir (1979) Optimal Operation of a Coastal Aquifer as aMultiobjective Problem (co-advisor: U. Shamir).
- Yaron, I. (1982) A Simultaneous Solution of the Identification and Management Problems of an Aquifer by Means of Linear Programming (co-advisor: U. Shamir).
- Grossman (1982) Optimal Annual Management of the Coastal Aquifer in Israel – Quantity and Quality Considerations (co-advisor: U. Shamir).
- Peled (1982) The Movement of Pollutants with Ion Exchange in the Unsaturated Zone (co-advisor: I. Rabina).
- Menier, P. (1983) Reletive Permeability in Anisotropic Porous Medium.
- Levin, O. (1984) The Behavior of Aquifer Systems with Special Reference to the Aquifers of Northern Arava.
- Orenstein, Y. (1985) Phosphate Transport to the Groundwater Table through the Unsaturated Zone (co-advisor: Y. Avnimelech)
- Margolin, Y. (1986) Well testing under simultaneously changing pressure and flow rate – the air chamber test (co-advisor: C. Braester)
- Pat (1986) Dispersion in Unsaturated Flow, with Emphasis on the Effect of Moisture Content (co-advisor: I. Rabina).
- Gerby (1991) A Comparative Analysis of Different Approaches to the Problem of Sea Water Intrusion into a Coastal Aquifer (co-advisor: C. Braester).
- Krasovitsky, L. (1997) Mathematical modeling of soil salinization processes.
- Kremen, A. (1999) Modeling leaching processes in a landfill (co-advisor: A. Shaviv).